X-C Skiing Massie Forest This outing is cancelled due to poor conditions.
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet north of km 22.8 on the shoulder of 6th Concession S (south of Grey Road 18. Map 29
Hike Leader(s): Steve Griffiths Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Length of Hike: 2 hours km
This is a X-C ski outing on the groomed trails in the Massie Hills Management Area. The trails we will use are suitable for intermediate level skiers. Please read the participant guidelines below and modify for X-C skiing.
- All kms mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated).
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Pace: Leisurely = 3km/hr or less, Medium = 3-4 km/hr, Brisk = 4-5 km/hr, Fast = 5+km/hr