Cancelled - Webwood Falls to Grey Road 40 (with optional potluck to follow the hike)
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet on the shoulder of Sideroad 25, east of Grey Road 7, near km 100.7. Map 27
Hike Leader(s): Glenda Collings Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Length of Hike: 5 to 6 km
This is an out and back hike with great views of Webwood Falls - and the water will be high! Depending on the winter we have, we may use snowshoes or boots.
This outing will be followed by a potluck at the home of Diana Dolmer, 152 Slabtown Rd. RR 1 Clarksburg, arrival 4:30 p.m. You may participate in both the snowshoeing and the potluck or either one. Please register for the potluck as well if you intend to attend by email or phone, firstname.lastname@example.org or 519 378 4734. Please bring a potluck main dish, salad or dessert. Also bring your own dishes, cutlery, glass and drink of choice. Hosts will provide tea and coffee. Potlucks will be held even in the hike is cancelled. Please read the participant guidelines below.
- All kms mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated).
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Pace: Leisurely = 3km/hr or less, Medium = 3-4 km/hr, Brisk = 4-5 km/hr, Fast = 5+km/hr