Walking Through Time – Book Launch & Geology Hike with Beth Gilhespy
- PaceTypes Leisurely
- TerrainTypes ,Moderate,Some rocky footing,Some steep sections
- PaidOuting No
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet in the Johnston's Sideroad parking area on the north side of the road, km 74.3, Map 26, Edition 30 of Bruce Trail Guide. Please follow the directions of the parking attendant.
Hike Leader(s): Glenda Collings Click here to contact the hike leader.
Terrain: Moderate, Some rocky footing, Some steep sections
Length of Hike: The hike will be approximately 1 1/2 hours.
You'll join Beth Gilhespy, conservationist and long time Bruce Trail supporter for the launch of her book, "Walking Through Time - Exploring Niagara Escarpment Geology in the Beaver Valley Bruce Trail Section". Chat with Beth and mingle with other hikers and geology lovers before you head out on a guided hike south to Hilt's Falls, with commentary by Beth along the way. Books will be available for sale with the added bonus of a signed copy to treasure.
COVID-19 Precautions Before, During and After your Hike
- Each hiker joining a Bruce Trail Club organized hike must perform a self-screening check before hiking.
Find Ontario's self-assessment tool here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay home.
- Personal Protective Equipment:
- Hikers may choose to wear masks.
- Wear sturdy footwear and appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain.
Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery.
Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated). A minimum of 1L of water is recommended.
- Bring sunscreen and insect repellent (for spring and summer hikes).
- Bring your own first aid kit.
- Please leave dogs at home.