Sydenham Bayview Escarpment
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Map 30 Sydenham Section. Meet at km 55.2 parking at the end of St. Vincent-Sydenham Townline. Edition 30
Hike Leader(s): Margaret Yaraskavitch Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Length of Hike: 13.2 km
This is a loop hike taking in the River Kwai Side Trail and the main trail. We travel through mixed hardwood forest with views over Georgian Bay and the Meaford Land Forces Training Centre.
COVID-19 Precautions Before, During and After your Hike
- Each hiker joining a Bruce Trail Club organized hike must perform a self-screening check before hiking.
Find Ontario's self-assessment tool here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay home.
- Follow the guidelines for safe & responsible hiking
- Personal Protective Equipment:
- Hikers may choose to wear masks
- Hikers may carry and use hand sanitizer, but should not be sharing it with the group
- Hikers who experience COVID-19 symptoms following a Bruce Trail Club organized hike must inform their local public health unit.
Find your local health unit at http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/common/system/services/phu/locations.aspx
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the hike.
- Wear sturdy footwear and appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain.
Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate.
Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated). A minimum of 1L of water is recommended on all hikes, and 3L is recommended for long, challenging hikes in the heat of the summer.
- Bring sunscreen and insect repellent (for spring and summer hikes).
- Bring your own first aid kit.
- Please leave dogs at home.
All hikers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the hike.
Currently, there are no car shuttles on hikes – all hikes must be out-and-back or loop hikes. No buses are provided at this tim