Snowshoe to the Beaver Pond
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet on the north shoulder of Sideroad 19, west of Grey County Road 7, where the trail enters (250 m west of km 90.0) to carpool to Sideroad 16 C where we start of the hike. Map 27
Hike Leader(s): Glenda Collings Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Length of Hike: 2 hours km
This hike takes us through woodlots and along fields to end with a winter view of the Beaver Pond. Please read the participant guidelines below.
- All kms mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated).
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Pace: Leisurely = 3km/hr or less, Medium = 3-4 km/hr, Brisk = 4-5 km/hr, Fast = 5+km/hr