Snowshoe Quiet Valley/Epping Area (with optional Soup's On to follow)
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meeting place to be determined - registrants will be notified of the location upon registration
Hike Leader(s): Norine Baron Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Length of Hike: 1 1/2 to 2 hours km
This is a 1 to 1 1/2 hour outing in the Epping area, taking in the recently acquired Alan property. There will be an optional "Soup's On" lunch at the home of the leaders following the outing . Please bring lunch (sandwich, snack, beverage) and your own dishes/cutlery. A variety of soups will be provided. Please read the participant guidelines below.
- All kms mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated).
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Pace: Leisurely = 3km/hr or less, Medium = 3-4 km/hr, Brisk = 4-5 km/hr, Fast = 5+km/hr