Snowshoe Adventure Badge #4 Kolapore
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet at the Kolapore skiers parking lot on Grey Rd. 2. located 650m south of the trail. Car pool if possible since there will also be skiers using the lot.
Hike Leader(s): Glenda Collings Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Length of Hike: approximately 8 km
We will walk on the road for 650 m to the trail, then snowshoe to Metcalfe Rock for a view over the valley, then retrace our steps back to our cars. Please read the participant guidelines below.
- All kms mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated).
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Pace: Leisurely = 3km/hr or less, Medium = 3-4 km/hr, Brisk = 4-5 km/hr, Fast = 5+km/hr