Snowshoe Adventure Badge #2 McCluskey's Rock This outing is cancelled.
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet on the shoulder of Sideroad 7B, at km 41.7, which is not an official parking spot on Map 25. You must access Sideroad 7B from 3rd Line, not from Grey Road 13 (that end is not maintained in the winter).
Hike Leader(s): Glenda Collings Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Terrain: Some steep sections
Length of Hike: approximately 4 km - with the option of extending the outing to another location once we return to our cars.
We will snowshoe north towards McClusky's Rock, then retrace our steps, taking the Ken Young side Trail back to our cars. If anyone feels energetic we can extend the outing to a different location close by. Please read the participant guidelines below.
- All kms mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated).
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Pace: Leisurely = 3km/hr or less, Medium = 3-4 km/hr, Brisk = 4-5 km/hr, Fast = 5+km/hr