Cancelled - North of Eugenia (with optional potluck to follow)
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
This is an in and back hike along the escarpment south of Ed's house.
This outing will be followed by a potluck at the home of Dale & Ed, arrival 4:30 p.m. You may participate in both the hike and the potluck or either one. Please register for the potluck as well if you intend to attend by email firstname.lastname@example.org or 519 924 0264. Please bring a potluck main dish, salad or dessert. Also bring your own dishes, cutlery, glass and drink of choice. Hosts will provide tea and coffee. If hikers wish to drop off any dishes with Dale that require preheating, you may drop them off when you arrive for the hike. Potlucks will be held even in the hike is cancelled.
- All kms mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated).
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Pace: Leisurely = 3km/hr or less, Medium = 3-4 km/hr, Brisk = 4-5 km/hr, Fast = 5+km/hr