New Year's Day Snowshoeing Loree Forest
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet on the 21st Sideroad parking area east of km 8.4 on the north shoulder. Map 24
Hike Leader(s): Margaret Yaraskavitch Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Length of Hike: 6.7 km, approx. 2.5 hours
Starting on the unopened road allowance, this snowshoe hike will use the Len Gertler Side Trail and then the main trail through Loree Forest. Please read the participant guidelines below.
- All kms mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated).
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Pace: Leisurely = 3km/hr or less, Medium = 3-4 km/hr, Brisk = 4-5 km/hr, Fast = 5+km/hr