Easy Bruce Trail Hike (CANCELED)
- PaceTypes Leisurely
- TerrainTypes Easy
- PaidOuting No
Hosting Club: Peninsula
Location (Google Maps): Bluewater Park at Municipal Parking Lot - 402 William St., Wiarton, Ontario
Hike Leader(s): Saabir Sohrab Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Distance: ~2 1/2 KM
This 2 hour hike is an introduction to the Bruce Trail. It is suitable for beginners of any age. The Bruce Trail in this location is a wheelchair accessible. You will be walking at a leisurely pace on flat, even terrain for a short distance. This is a great hike to meet new friends, learn more about hiking and the Bruce Trail! It's fun!
The hike leaders will discuss:
- how to prepare for a hike
- safety considerations
- how to find your way on the Bruce Trail
After the hike, we will have a picnic together, as we eat our lunch.
What to bring:
- light backpack to carry your water bottles, cellphone and personal items
- Lunch, blanket or lawn chair for the picnic
What to wear:
- hat, sunscreen, layered clothing, sturdy walking shoes
Every participant will receive a "My First Hike Badge" from Bruce Trail Conservancy to celebrate your first hike on the Bruce Trail.