Hogg's Falls Loops
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Map 26 Meet at the Hogg's Falls parking lot, km km 67.5 Edition 30
Hike Leader(s): Ed Stedman Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Length of Hike: approx. 5 km
The hike will take in both the Lower and Upper Hogg's Falls Side Trails and part of the main trail. A beautiful section with the autumn colours!
COVID-19 Precautions Before, During and After your Hike
- Each hiker joining a Bruce Trail Club organized hike must perform a self-screening check before hiking.
Find Ontario's self-assessment tool here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay home.
- Follow the guidelines for safe & responsible hiking
- Personal Protective Equipment:
- Hikers may choose to wear masks
- Hikers may carry and use hand sanitizer, but should not be sharing it with the group
- Hikers who experience COVID-19 symptoms following a Bruce Trail Club organized hike must inform their local public health unit.
Find your local health unit at http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/common/system/services/phu/locations.aspx
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the hike.
- Wear sturdy footwear and appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain.
Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate.
Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated). A minimum of 1L of water is recommended on all hikes, and 3L is recommended for long, challenging hikes in the heat of the summer.
- Bring sunscreen and insect repellent (for spring and summer hikes).
- Bring your own first aid kit.
- Please leave dogs at home.
All hikers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the hike.
Currently, there are no car shuttles on hikes – all hikes must be out-and-back or loop hikes. No buses are provided at this time.