Duncan Crevice Caves & Metcalfe Rock Loop CANCELLED
- PaceTypes Medium
- TerrainTypes ,Moderate,Some rocky footing,Some steep sections,Strenuous
- PaidOuting No
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet in the Metcalfe Rock parking area, 10th Line, just south of km 27.9, Map 25, Edition 30.
Hike Leader(s): Glenda Collings Click here to contact the hike leader.
Terrain: Moderate, Some rocky footing, Some steep sections, Strenuous
Length of Hike: 9 km
This is a popular loop hike taking in Metcalfe Rock, Duncan Crevices, Pinnacle Rock and Mill Creek. The leaves should be popping! Be prepared for some mud on the trail and bring snacks and water.
COVID-19 Precautions Before, During and After your Hike
- Each hiker joining a Bruce Trail Club organized hike must perform a self-screening check before hiking.
Find Ontario's self-assessment tool here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay home.
- Personal Protective Equipment:
- Hikers may choose to wear masks
It is the Bruce Trail Conservancy’s current policy that car shuttles are allowed. It is at the discrepancy of individual hike leaders to make that decision.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the hike.
- Wear sturdy footwear and appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain.
Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate.
Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated). A minimum of 1L of water is recommended on all hikes, and 3L is recommended for long, challenging hikes in the heat of the summer.
- Bring sunscreen and insect repellent (for spring and summer hikes).
- Bring your own first aid kit.
- Please leave dogs at home.