Dufferin Hi-Land Mono Cliff Loop
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet in the parking lot at the Mono Community Centre (200 m south of Mono Centre) Map 19
Hike Leader(s): Bruce King;Val Jones Click here to contact leader to register; registered hikers will be contacted about cancellations.
Length of Hike: 8 km
This is a loop hike using side trails and main trail in Mono Cliffs Provincial Park. Optional lunch to follow at Mono Cliffs Inn.
- All kms. mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen, insect repellent and water.
- Please leave dogs at home.