Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet at the Metcalfe Rock parking lot on 10th Line near km 27.9 Map 25
Hike Leader(s): Glenda Collings Click here to contact leader to register; registered hikers will be contacted about cancellations.
Terrain: Moderate, Some steep sections
Length of Hike: 8 km
There is a chance that we may have to change the location of this hike to a more moderate terrain if the conditions call for snowshoes. This hike passes Pinnacle Rock and crosses Mill Creek over a long bridge built by the Meaford Military Training Base engineers. We're fortunate to have such a large, sturdy structure over what is a raging torrent in the spring! There can be an optional exploration of Metcalfe Rock after the hike.
- All kms. mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen, insect repellent and water.
- Please leave dogs at home.