Cancelled - Chuck Grant Loop
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet at the Metcalfe Rock parking lot, just south of km 27.9 on 10th Line, Map 25.
Hike Leader(s): Mike Arkless Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Terrain: Moderate, Some rocky footing, Some steep sections, Strenuous
Length of Hike: approx. 9.6 km
This hike takes in the Duncan Crevice Caves area, Pinnacle Rock and views from the top of Metcalfe Rock. Please read the participant guidelines below.
- All kms mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated).
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Pace: Leisurely = 3km/hr or less, Medium = 3-4 km/hr, Brisk = 4-5 km/hr, Fast = 5+km/hr