Blue Mountain /Mission Road Side Trail
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet at 9:30 a.m. at the Blue Mountains south parking lot P1on Gord Canning Dr. Map 24
Hike Leader(s): Ruth Hayworth Click here to contact leader to register; registered hikers will be contacted about cancellations.
Terrain: Moderate, Some steep sections, Strenuous
Length of Hike: 12 km
We will climb up the Cascade Trail to meet the Bruce trail at approximate km 64. We will then take the Mission Rd Side trail to km 60.1 and then return via the main trail. If you do not wish to climb Blue Mountains, you could meet us at the parking lot near km 64 at 10:15am. Bring lunch, snacks and sufficient water.
- All kms. mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen, insect repellent and water.
- Please leave dogs at home.