Beaver Valley West Loop
- PaceTypes Medium
- TerrainTypes ,Moderate,Some rocky footing,Some steep sections
- PaidOuting No
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet in the lower Beaver Valley Ski Club parking lot, access from Grey Road 30 of Grey Road 13, just south of Kimberley. Map 26, Edition 30.
Hike Leader(s): Ed Stedman Click here to contact the hike leader.
Terrain: Moderate, Some rocky footing, Some steep sections
Length of Hike: approx. 9 km
This is a loop hike which heads west on the Valley Crossover Side Trail from the Beaver Valley Ski Club, south to walk down Graham's Hill Road then back north on Lower Valley Rd to the parking lot. A good workout with some walking on forest sided rural roads.
COVID-19 Precautions Before, During and After your Hike
- Each hiker joining a Bruce Trail Club organized hike must perform a self-screening check before hiking.
Find Ontario's self-assessment tool here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay home.
- Personal Protective Equipment:
- Hikers may choose to wear masks
It is the Bruce Trail Conservancy’s current policy that car shuttles are allowed. It is at the discrepancy of individual hike leaders to make that decision.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the hike.
- Wear sturdy footwear and appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain.
Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate.
Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated). A minimum of 1L of water is recommended on all hikes, and 3L is recommended for long, challenging hikes in the heat of the summer.
- Bring sunscreen and insect repellent (for spring and summer hikes).
- Bring your own first aid kit.
- Please leave dogs at home.