Cancelled - Beaver Valley End to End Apple Badge #3 of 6
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet at the Eugenia Falls Conservation Area parking lot to car shuttle to the beginning of the hike at the shoulder of the 3rd Line road allowance off Fox Ridge Rd.
Parking fee applies. Map 25, 26
Hike Leader(s): Glenda Collings Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Terrain: Moderate, Some rocky footing, Some steep sections, Strenuous
Length of Hike: 22.4 km (includes 3.74 km reroute)
This is Hike #3 of a 6 hike series to earn the Beaver Valley End to End Apple badge. We will hike rain or shine (unless there is thunder & lightning). Depending on the winter we have, be prepared during the early spring for possible snow, mud, ice and high water in some creeks. Ensure you bring appropriate gear for a variety of conditions, as well as lunch, snacks and water. Please read the participant guidelines below.
- All kms mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated).
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Pace: Leisurely = 3km/hr or less, Medium = 3-4 km/hr, Brisk = 4-5 km/hr, Fast = 5+km/hr