Cancelled - Bayview Escarpment Loop
- PaceTypes Medium
- TerrainTypes ,Moderate,Some rocky footing
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet on St. Vincent-Sydenham Townline, Sydenham section, km 55.2, Map 30
Hike Leader(s): Margaret Yaraskavitch Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Terrain: Moderate, Some rocky footing
Length of Hike: 13.2 km
This hike will follow the main trail and the River Kwai Side Trail through cedar and hardwood forests. There are several lookouts along the escarpment edge with lovely views over Georgian Bay and the 4th Canadian Division Taining Centre tank range. Bring a lunch, snacks and water. Please read the participant guidelines below.
- All kms mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated).
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Pace: Leisurely = 3km/hr or less, Medium = 3-4 km/hr, Brisk = 4-5 km/hr, Fast = 5+km/hr