1:00pm Garlic Mustard Hike
- HikeType Leisurely
- HikeIcon https://hikes.brucetrail.org/wp-content/uploads/formidable/7/Tulip.png
- PaceTypes Leisurely
- TerrainTypes Moderate
- PaidOuting No
Hosting Club: Niagara
Location (Google Maps):
We will meet at the gravel parking lot on Park Rd South, Grimsby just down the hill from Ridge Rd.
Hike Leader(s): Michele Altobelli Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Distance: Approximately 4km
Join us to HELP FILL THE CRIB!!
We will hike in from Ridge Road picking invasive garlic mustard and greater celandine along the way (reusable grocery bags or garbage bags work well). Once at the crib location, we will dump our bags and pick garlic mustard in that area for a while, dump it, then hike back out. Plenty of native spring plants to admire along the way - reducing invasive species will give these species a chance to thrive!
- Students under 16 MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian on this hike (please refer to the BTC link https://brucetrailorg.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/VOL.05.01_Minors_Volunteering_Policy_-_Approved_February_2016.pdf )
- students wishing to receive community service hours (3Hours) MUST bring service forms from school
- you must register and submit a completed waiver for this hike
- Please wear clothes for work - long pants tucked into socks, appropriate footwear (no sandals), long sleeves and work gloves
- please bring empty bags for collecting