Notice: Hiking Program & COVID-19
Hikes are currently open for BTC members and guests only. Registration is required. Group size is limited. Each Bruce Trail Club is setting its own timeline for reintroducing hikes and increasing group size limits within Provincial guidelines. Members, please have your guests register for hikes using your member number.
- 01September 1, 2019https://hikes.brucetrail.org/event/merritt-island/
- 03September 3, 2019https://hikes.brucetrail.org/event/short-hills-wiley-road-entrance/
- 03September 3, 2019https://hikes.brucetrail.org/event/tuesday-night-not-the-bruce-trail-hike/
Hosting Club: Niagara, Iroquoia
Category: General Hike
Location: Escarpment above Beamsville
Hike Leader(s): Richard Reble Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Pace: Medium – 3 to 4 km/hr
Terrain: Dependent on Conditions, Moderate – Some hills and/or some poor footing
This loop hike takes us along a wooded piece of the escarpment and through an old limestone quarry (pre-dynamite days) on a piece of the Bruce Trail.
We’ll meet at the Bruce Trail crossing on Quarry Rd. above Beamsville. To get there, take the QEW east to Ontario St. in Beamsville. Exit onto Ontario St. and take Ontario to King St. in downtown Beamsville. Turn left on King St. and go 2 km to Quarry Rd. on your right. Turn right on Quarry Rd. and drive to the top of the escarpment where you’ll find a wide shoulder bordering a chain link fence on your right. Park in the ample space beside the fence.
Wear hiking boots and bring water. For something a little stronger than water, we’ll go for a pub stop in Beamsville after the hike.
Leader: Richard Reble at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 04September 4, 2019https://hikes.brucetrail.org/event/malcolmson-park-3/
- 05September 5, 2019https://hikes.brucetrail.org/event/jordan-2/