Notice: Hiking Program Paused
The hiking program of all 9 Bruce Trail Clubs is currently paused until until all areas along the Niagara Escarpment and the Greater Toronto Area are at least in the orange zone of provincial COVID-19 public health measures.To view all Bruce Trail Conservancy Hikes click here
- 27June 27, 2020https://hikes.brucetrail.org/event/beaver-valley-end-to-end-apple-badge-6-of-6/
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet on the east side of Grey Road 12 just south of the trail crossing to car shuttle to the beginning of the hike at the John Muir Epping Lookout on Grey Rd. 7. Map 27, 28
Hike Leader(s): Glenda Collings Click here to contact Hike Leader(s)
Terrain: Moderate, Some rocky footing, Some steep sections
Length of Hike: 21.5 km
This is Hike #6 of a 6 hike series to earn the Beaver Valley End to End Apple badge. We will hike rain or shine (unless there is thunder & lightning). Bring lunch, snacks and sufficient water. Please read the participant guidelines below.
- All kms mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- Bring sufficient water and snacks (or lunch if indicated).
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Pace: Leisurely = 3km/hr or less, Medium = 3-4 km/hr, Brisk = 4-5 km/hr, Fast = 5+km/hr