Notice: Hiking Program & COVID-19
Some Bruce Trail Clubs are restarting their hiking program on July 1st. During this time, hikes are for BTC members only and pre-registration is required. Group size is limited to 10.
- 03November 3, 2019https://hikes.brucetrail.org/event/2-day-falling-water-badge-hike-2/
Hosting Club: Beaver Valley
Location (Google Maps): Meet at the Hogg’s Falls parking lot km 63.2 Lower Valley Road, Map 26, to carpool to the Beaver Valley Ski Club parking lot.
Hike Leader(s): Glenda Collings Click here to contact leader to register; registered hikers will be contacted about cancellations.
Terrain: Moderate, Strenuous, Some steep sections, Some rocky footing
Length of Hike: 16.4 km
Earn the 2 day Falling Water badge in a weekend! See badge below. We’ll travel up and down the length of the Beaver Valley at a medium pace (lots of beautiful views and lots of climbs). The fall colours should still be good. Bring lunch and sufficient water.
- All kms. mentioned are according to maps in Edition 29 of The Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before start of hike.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate attire for the weather and the terrain. In summer, sturdy footwear is necessary. In winter, snowshoes or icers/crampons are needed when conditions dictate. It is a good idea to bring these items if there is snow on the ground and the hike leader will advise you as to the best footwear for the day. Hiking poles are a good idea in any season, especially if the terrain is rocky or slippery. Wearing appropriate clothing and footwear prevents injuries and shows consideration for a safe and positive group hiking experience.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen, insect repellent and water.
- Please leave dogs at home.
- 04November 4, 2019No events
- 05November 5, 2019No events
- 06November 6, 2019No events
- 07November 7, 2019No events
- 08November 8, 2019No events
- 09November 9, 2019No events